Position: Lecturer in Psychotherapy MHSc Programme at AUT University, Auckland, New
Zealand (1999- 2017 – retiring December 2017). Continuing: psychotherapy and clinical supervision
in private practice.
- NZAP (New Zealand Association of Psychotherapists)
- International Institute For Reminiscence and Life Review
- BA (English literature); Postgraduate Certificate in Primary Education; C.Q.S.W. (PG Certificate of Qualification in Social Work)
- Diploma in Applied Behavioural Studies (Group dynamics)
- MHSC – Master’s in Health Science (Psychotherapy).
- Lived in England 1942 – 1962, and 1967 – 1983
- Lived in Israel 1962 – 1967 (Kibbutz, then Army)
- Lived in New Zealand 1984 – present
Practice: Psychodynamic Psychotherapy; Clinical supervision.
For the last 17 years I have been teaching students of psychotherapy to review their life histories,
and to use psychoanalytic developmental theories to understand how they have created their present
personalities and relating styles.
Areas of Interests:
I will retire from university teaching this December (2017), and plan to initiate some life review group
activities in the community outside the university.
- Paper on teaching psychosocial life review with students of psychotherapy: Life review work. Solomon, Paul. Self & Society Volume: 45 Issue 2 (2017) ISSN: 0306-0497 Online ISSN: 2374-5355. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03060497.2017.1334988