Founder, Stories Then and Now
- International Institute of Reminiscence and Life Review
- Over 10 years working with traditional, blended and dysfunctional family members of all ages faced with the problems and issues when a parent or family member dies or becomes incapacitated.
- Stories Then and Now is a pre-emptive move to soften the inevitable personal challenges of dealing with loss, by affording people the opportunities to develop a sense of connectedness and compassion for themselves and others.
- Formulated with over 30 years of research through the Birren Institute, Stories Then and Now is based on Guided Autobiography, a process that gently leads participants, with themes and topics that evoke sensory memories that could spark an insight while on a journey of personal discovery
AREAS OF RESEARCH INTERESTS:
- Stanford, J. (in publication). Trust and Verify.