- International Institute for Reminiscence and Life Review
- Ph.D., The Stories we live by. The adaptive role of reminiscence in later life, University of Twente (Enschede, the Netherlands)
- MA, Psychology, University of Twente
- BA, Psychology, University of Twente
AREAS OF RESEARCH INTERESTS:
- Korte, J., Westerhof, G. J., & Bohlmeijer, E. T. (2012, online first). Mediating processes in an effective life-review intervention. Psychology and Aging, doi: 10.1037/a0029273.
- Korte, J., Cappeliez, P., Bohlmeijer, E. T., Westerhof, G. J. (2012, online first). Meaning in life and mastery mediate the relationship of negative reminiscence with distress among older adults with mild to moderate depressive symptoms. European Journal of Ageing, doi: 10.1007/s10433-012-0239-3.
- van Hoof, J. J., Mulder, J., Korte, J., Postel, M. G., Pieterse, M. E. (2012). Dutch adolescent private drinking places: Prevalence, alcohol consumption, and other risk behaviors. Alcohol, 46, 687−693.
- Korte, J., Pieterse, M.E., Postel, M.G., & Van Hoof, J.J. (2012). Private peer group settings as an environmental determinant of alcohol use in Dutch adolescents: Results from a representative survey in the region of Twente. Health & Place, 18, 892-897.
- Korte, J., Bohlmeijer, E.T., Cappeliez, P., Smit, F., & Westerhof, G.J. (2012). Life-review therapy for older adults with moderate depressive symptomatology: A pragmatic randomized controlled trial. Psychological Medicine, 42, 1163–1173.
- Korte, J., Bohlmeijer, E.T., Westerhof, G.J. & Pot, A.M. (2011). Reminiscence and adaptation to critical life events in older adults with mild to moderate depressive symptoms. Aging & Mental Health. 15, 638−646.
- Korte, J., Bohlmeijer, E.T., & Smit, F. (2009). Prevention of depression and anxiety in later life: design of a randomized controlled trial for the clinical and economic evaluation of a life-review intervention. BMC Public Health, 9, 250.