Instructor, Psychology Department, Langara College
Founding Member, International Institute for Reminiscence and Life Review
Founding Member, Society for Research in Human Development
- Society for Research in Human Development
- Gerontological Society of America
- International Institute for Reminiscence and Life Review (IIRLR)
- Doctoral student: Lifespan Development and Aging (not completed), University of Victoria
- M.Ed., Counseling Psychology, University of British Columbia
- BA, Psychology, University of British Columbia
- Social Sciences and Engineering Research Scholarship (declined).
- University of Victoria Presidential Research Fellowship (declined).
- Elected President of the International Institute for Reminiscence and Life Review
- Solicited for RAND-type Expert Consensus Survey on Wisdom
- Awarded the Robert Butler and Myrna Lewis Award for Research Excellence in Reminiscence and Life Review work.
- Awarded the Endowed Visiting Chair in Gerontology for fall semester at St. Thomas University, Fredericton, N.B.
- 25 years in teaching psychology
AREAS OF RESEARCH INTERESTS:
- Reminiscence Functions
- Wisdom Across Adulthood
- Time Perspective
- Cappeliez, P., & Webster, J. D. (2011). Mneme and anamnesis: The contribution of involuntary reminiscences to the construction of a narrative self in older age (pp. 177 – 194). In G. Kenyon, E. Bohlmeijer, and W. Randall (Eds.), Storying later life: Issues, investigations, and interventions in narrative gerontology. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Taylor, M., Bates, G., & Webster, J. D. (2011). Comparing the psychometric properties of two measures of wisdom: Predicting forgiveness and psychological well-being with the Self-Assessed Wisdom Scale (SAWS) and the Three-Dimensional Wisdom Scale (3D-WS). Experimental Aging Research, 37, 129-141.
- Webster, J. D., Taylor, M., & Bates, G. (2011). Measuring and conceptualizing wisdom: A reply to Ardelt. Experimental Aging Research, 37, 256-259.
- Webster, J. D. (2011). A new measure of time perspective: Initial psychometric findings for the Balanced Time Perspective Scale (BTPS). Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science.
- Webster, J. D., & Haight, B. K. (Eds.), (2002). Critical advances in reminiscence work: From theory to application. N. Y.: Springer.
- see complete list of products above