Owner: LifeStories, LLC
Writing Workshop Leader for University Of Louisiana, Monroe Community Education Program, Genealogy Groups, Senior Center Groups, and local Religious organizations.
Audio and Video Production of personal history with individuals.
- Association of Personal Historians
- International Association of StoryKeepers
- International Institute for Reminiscence and Life Review (IIRLR)
- Board Member(Secretary) – Families Helping Families Board
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, University of Louisiana at Monroe
- Master of Arts in Organizational Psychology, Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, LA
- Distinguished Service Award-Outstanding Service Professional-Twin Cities Mayors’ Committee on Disabilities
- Guided Autobiography
- Deanne worked for over 30 years in the helping profession as a social service professional having the opportunity to share family stories with hundreds of interesting individuals. This first career contributed to her interest in enhancing existing skills and acquiring new ones in the field of personal history. She began her second careet as a personal historian with the launch of LifeStories, LLC in the spring of 2010. Certification in Guided Autobiography instruction was a life changing event for Deanne.
Deanne’s services have been popular in her area of Northeast Louisiana:
- Guided Autobiography classes are routinely scheduled year round at two local senior centers.
- Guided Autobiography classes are now a part of community education opportunities at the University of Louisiana at Monroe in the Spring and Fall semesters.
- Original development of Spiritual Journey writing class has been presented periodically for writing opportunity at local faith based organizations.
- Audio and video productions of personal histories have been completed with several individuals in the area.
AREAS OF RESEARCH INTERESTS: