Professor, University of Southern California
Professor, University of Los Angles
Professor, California State University Fullerton
- Gerontological Society of America (GSA)
- American Society on Aging (ASA)
- American Association of University Women
- Phi Kappa Phi, National Honor Society
- International Institute for Reminiscence and Life Review (IIRLR)
- PhD, Psychology, University of Lund, Sweden
- BFA, Fine Arts, California State University, Fullerton
- MS, Gerontology, University of Southern California
- BA, Psychology, California State University, Fullerton
- MindAlert Award for Guided Autobiography, American Society on Aging, 2003
- Over 35 years in teaching, gerontology and psychology
- Guided Autobiography
AREAS OF RESEARCH INTERESTS:
- Thornton, J., Collins, J., Birren, J. & Svensson, C. (in press). Guided Autobiography’s Developmental Exchange and Later-Life Learning: What’s in It for Me? International Journal of Aging and Human Development.
- O’Neill, P., Birren, J. & Svensson, C. (2011). Narrative and Gender Differences: How men and women interpret their lives. Storying Later Life. In G. Kenyon, E. Bohlmeijer, & W. Randall, (Eds.). New York, Oxford University Press.
- Reker, G. T., Birren, J. E., & Svensson, C. (2010). Restoring, maintaining, and enhancing personal meaning through autobiographical methods. In P. T. P. Wong & P. S. Fry (Eds.), The Human Quest for Meaning (2nd ed.). Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Reker, G. T., Birren, J. E., & Svensson, C. (December, 2007). Self-aspect reconstruction through guided autobiography: Exploring underlying processes. Summary Report of Research Findings, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- see complete list of products above
- Guided Autobiography, DVD