Director of Education and Research, Houston Hospice, Houston Texas
Instructor, Nursing, University of Central Florida
Preceptor, Medical students, residents, fellows, Nursing students from various universities within the Texas Medical Center
- Oncology Nursing Society
- Columbus Chapter of the Oncology Nursing Society, Founding member
- Houston Chapter of the Oncology Nursing Society
- Way Out West Houston (WOW) Chapter of the Oncology Nursing Society
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society
- Alpha Mu Chapter, Cleveland, OH
- Gamma Rho Chapter, Salt Lake City, UT
- Gerontological Society of America
- Hospice and Palliative Care Association
- International Institute for Reminiscence and Life Review (IIRLR)
- Doctoral Preparation, Nursing, University of Utah
- MSN, Nursing, Clinical Specialist, Case Western Reserve University – Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing
- BSN, Nursing, Clinical Practice, Ohio Wesleyan University – Riverside School of Nursing
- Recipient: Good Samaritan Foundation Excellence in Nursing Award
- Recognition: Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation, 25 years of continuous certification (2006 & 2011)
- Recipient: Manager of the Quarter, Houston Hospice
- Recipient: Oncology Nursing Society, 25 years of continuous membership
- Recipient: American Cancer Society, Doctoral Degree Scholarship in Cancer Nursing, Extramural Grant Development, Atlanta, GA for Reminiscence for the Elderly Patient with a Terminal Illness
- Recipient: ONS Chapter Excellence Award (Medium Chapter)
- Recognition: End of Life Nursing Education Consortium Project (ELNEC), Trained faculty
- Recognition: Best Services and Disease Management Practice by Parke-Davis HealthCare System
- Over 30 years in the nursing field – clinical and educational
- Oncology Nursing and Elderly Nursing
AREAS OF RESEARCH INTERESTS:
- Reminiscence of elderly patients with terminal illness
- Brohard, C. (Publication date 2013). Maximizing Outpatient Chemotherapy Reimbursement. In Mary Gullatte (Ed.), Clinical Guide to Antineoplastic Therapy: A Chemotherapy Handbook, 3rd ed. Sudbury, MA: Oncology Nursing Society and Jones & Bartlett Publishers.
- Brohard, C. (Publication date 2012). Grief. In Connie Henke Yarbro, Debra Wujcik, & Barbara Holmes Gobel (Eds.), Cancer Symptom Management, 4th ed. Burlington, MA: Oncology Nursing Society and Jones & Bartlett Publishers.
- Doorenbos, A., Berger, A. M., Brohard-Holbert, C., Eaton, L., Kozachik, S., LoBiondo-Wood, G., Mallory, G., & Rue, T. (2008). 2008 ONS Research Priority Survey Findings. Oncology Nursing Forum, 35(6), E100-107.
- Doorenbos, A., Berger, A. M., Brohard-Holbert, C., Eaton, L., Kozachik, S., LoBiondo-Wood, G., Mallory, G., & Rue, T. (2008). What is next for the “PEP Cards? Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 12(6), 965-970.