Licensed Professional Counselor & National Certified Counselor providing individual, family and couples therapy
- International Black Doctoral Network Association
- International Institute for Reminiscence and Life Review (IIRLR)
Doctoral Student, Marriage and Family Therapy, Texas Woman’s University
- Graduate Degree, Counseling, Prairie View A & M University
- Graduate Degree, Sociology, Prairie View A & M University
- Undergraduate Degree, Sociology, Canisius College of Buffalo, New York
- Barb has over thirty years’ experience working with children /adolescents and families in various settings. She has worked with various issues such as trauma, depression, grief and loss, bipolar, anxiety, chemical dependency, oppositional defiant behavior and educational issues.
- Barb’s focus is working with children, adolescents, adults and couples utilizing strength based philosophy empowering my clients to collaboratively find solutions to their challenges while focusing on the present and acknowledging their history. Her clinical interest also extends to working with seniors who suffer with memory loss and depression through reminiscence group work.
- Barb’s theoretical orientation is family systems with components of Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Emotionally Focused Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. She approaches therapy from the perspective that each client is unique and she should therefore tailor therapy to meet their individual needs while including the family system and being culturally sensitive.
- Barb truly enjoys meeting people and helping them define how they want their lives to be different and identify the steps that will help them reach their goals.
AREAS OF RESEARCH INTERESTS: