Owner, Life History Services, LLC
International Institute for Reminiscence and Life Review (IIRLR)
Holds degrees in history, clinical social work and is a licensed psychotherapist
- Fluent in English, Spanish and German
Since 1995, Life History Services founder Anita Hecht has conducted more than 400 oral histories for numerous families and public archives across North America. Clients range from individual elders to baby boomers to organizations who want to honor the past, capture the present and inform the future.
- Anita first began recording oral histories with Steven Spielberg’s Visual History Foundation of the Holocaust, conducting over 40 videotaped interviews with Holocaust survivors, in three languages.
- More recently, Anita has produced a 70-hour oral history archive on the life and career of the late Wisconsin Senator William Proxmire for the Wisconsin Historical Society.
Life History Services is a professional, personal and public history recording service, dedicated to helping individuals, families, institutions and organizations capture and preserve their unique stories and history in print, audio, video and multimedia formats.
- Currently, Anita is working on numerous private engagements, as well as an oral history archive for New York State Archives on federal and state educational policy.
- In addition to Anita’s work as interviewer, producer and public speaker, she works as a life writing teacher, coach and oral history consultant, helping individuals, families and organizations plan and produce their own personal and public history projects and archives.
AREAS OF RESEARCH INTERESTS: