Associate Professor of Nursing – Research Scholar, Alfred State College Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society for Nurses
- American Public Health Association
- National Rural Health Association
- Gerontological Society of America
- New York New Jersey Public Health Nursing Workgroup Participation
- Oneida County Health Coalition: Member of committee to address essential service # 4: Mobilizing Community Partnerships to Identify and Solve Health Problems.
- Julia O. Wells Scholarship Foundation, Executive Board Member; secretary and historian
- Albany Memorial School of Nursing Alumni Association
- International Institute for Reminiscence and Life Review (IIRLR)
- Ph.D., Rural Nursing with a focus on research and scholarship in the delivery of health care to rural community residents; Binghamton University
- MS, Nursing Administration, State University of New York Institute of Technology
- BS, Nursing, State University of New York Institute of Technology
- Diploma, Nursing, Albany Memorial School of Nursing
- Nominated by the American Public Health Association; Gerontology Section for 2008’s Annual Gerontology Award for research on Healthy Life as Perceived by Rural Elder Community Dwellers
- Nursing Gerontology Grant
- Over 40 years in the field of nursing
AREAS OF RESEARCH INTERESTS:
Complete List of Publications
- Shaver, A. (2011). The Experience of “Healthy Life” in Rural Community Dwelling Elders. In M. Wykle and S. Gueldner (Eds.), Healthy Aging: Gerontological Education for Nurses and Other Health Care Professionals, Boston: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
- Shaver, A. (2008). Attaining healthy life as perceived by rural elder community dwellers. Public Health Without Borders; American Public Health Association 136th Annual Meeting and Exposition Proceedings. October 25-19, 2008.
- Attaining “healthy life” as perceived by rural elder community dwellers: a narrative analysis. Citation Only Available (includes abstract): Shaver ASD. University of New York at Binghamton, 2008; Ph.D. (191 p) (doctoral dissertation-research).